During my (unwanted, unfortunate) blogging hiatus, the wonderful blogger from a blog I have read for a few years now, happyberrynaiad.blogspot.com, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
When she notified me, I was surprised, honored and very happy!
In this post, I am supposed to share 7 things about myself and give the award to 7 other bloggers whose blogs I truly enjoy or feel stand out from the crowd.
1) I wanted to start a website years before I did- (I even have a folder somewhere full of ideas for the site that was in my head- I'm going to find it soon and see if there's anything I want to add to this site!) The reason I waited so long? I've never taken a computer class, so I've had to research and teach myself every single thing I've done step by step. I still have so much I want to learn!
2) I was a make up junkie for years before I got into polish- and I still am. I plan on adding plenty of beauty posts to my blog in the coming months.
3) I have one pet- a fat cat- who I love to take pictures of- like this one: (I wanted to add a dozen more but this post would be way too long!)
4) I'm from a big family. 7 kids total. I have an older step brother, and I'm the oldest of 6.
5) I love to decorate. I love taking vintage things and decorating with them in a modern way. I love to come up with cheap ways to do things also. (Look for upcoming posts on this and check out this post.)
6) I love thrift shops and certain old things- some things I have been collecting for years: Milk Glass, old cartoon glasses - (Smurfs, Muppets, Peanuts) Garfield coffee mugs, some old toys, board games, old video game systems.
7) I have a love/hate relationship with clothes. I hate finding ones that I think flatter my shape. I love having them, I buy a lot from thrift/ resale shops -though not everything (I won't buy used shoes)- and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Just a few things I've found- a really cute Juicy Couture ruffled pink jean skirt ($2, that I'll have to take a pic of soon) & these Rock & Republic Jeans (on sale that day for half off- $2):
Now it's time for me to share the bloggers I'd like to send out this award to.
Here they are (in no certain order):
-Krystal of Polish Galore- She got my rear back into doing what I love- blogging- without even knowing it - and I am more grateful than I can express.
-Kaz of Pretty Random- She gives me endless lemmings and I can only look at her site every so often because I am then sucked in for hours...
-Scrangie because I'm sure I look at her site quite often for swatches more than any other.
-Christine of 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic - Her site is overflowing with fantasic information and she is a wonderful, truly nice person who has been great to me more than once and always willing to help.
-Kimmi of The Plastic Diaries - (and another site The Style-less Diaries) because her sites are great and I miss her terribly!
-Moxie of Moxie Reviews - She's another with a site full of great information and super sweet as well!
-Kandee of KandeeJ.com - I peek at her site or watch her on youtube anytime I need a pick-me-up.
Now it's your turn- who are some of your favorite bloggers and why? Please share in the comments and as always, thank you so much for reading!